Tuesday, October 10, 2006

i must share the day



I haven't gotten the pictures back from the photographer yet, but a friend of mine sent me all of his pictures, so I've decided to pick through and put some of those up so that anyone who reads this blog can see how things happened.
I must admit, I was terrified. It made me feel better when I got up the aisle and to John and he was shaking just like I was. It made me feel less like throwing up. Once it was over, I wondered what all the fuss was about.
Being pregnant added to my stress leading up to the big day. Once the actual ceremony was over, I started feeling better and calming down, allowing myself to enjoy the rest of the day.
The ceremony started at 2pm. That part of the day all seems like a blur now. I don't really remember a whole lot of it. The pictures people are sending me are helping me to remember what happened though.
Between the wedding and the reception was picture time. And for those who know John and I, you know that John and I both hate getting our pictures taken. I was so sick of smiling by the time the pictures were done. I was sure I was going to have a smile pasted on my face.
Following pictures, we had a bit of down time to visit and talk with the guests before we headed into the reception. The food was amazing. My Uncle Allan was the Master of Ceremonies and he did an amazing job.
The dance followed the reception and it was awesome. We had an awesome time. There were a few somewhat intoxicated friends who made it much more entertaining. We were dancing for what seemed like forever. People started to leave during the dance and by midnight there was only us, my parents and a few friends left. So we called it quits. All our friends went over to our buddy Andrew's place to continue the party, and John and I headed to the hotel we were staying at. When we got back to the hotel, we opened all the cards from the wishing well, and read them all. By the time i took out my hair and showered, we got to bed around 2am.
The next morning, we checked out and brought our stuff home. We opened our gifts quickly, and headed to our brunch date with a couple of my out of town friends. We met them at McCabes at 11am, and had a great time. I hadn't seen Ashley since I was in grade 12 and I had never met her fiance or their little 17 month old daughter, Katee, who is the cutest thing ever.
After brunch, we went for a walk, and then headed over to John's grandmother's for Thanksgiving. By the time we got there, though, pretty much everything was done, so we left and got to spend a lot of the day together, which was nice.
But that's all the time I have for now. I'll post more pictures later when I have some more time.

1 Comments:

At 10:44 AM , Blogger Tara Fears said...

CUTE PICTURES! Post more RIGHT NOW! I sure wish I could have been there! Love You!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home