Thursday, August 14, 2008

my apologies.

Poor Tara has been hounding me for an update, and I've just been slacking. I'll admit it. So here it goes.
This is a picture of my belly when I was 36 weeks pregnant. So I still had four weeks to go and I was MASSIVE! I was definately ready for the baby to come out...haha.
I was induced on January 25th, because he just wasn't coming on his own. I had to be induced twice. He was a stubborn baby. Labour kicked in around midnight. I went back to the hospital at 3am, and was monitored for a few hours. At 11:30am on the 26th, they broke my water, and from here the real pain began...haha. I had morphine and Gravol to help. When they broke my water, I was 4-5 centimetres dialated. Not too shabby. But when they came back to check me at 4:30, I was still only 5 centimetres, and the doctor couldn't even feel the baby's head. So he decided it was in the best interest of myself, and the baby if they did a c-section. So I was wheeled down to the OR, and the baby was born at 5:02pm. He weighed 8 pounds and 3 ounces and was 52 centimetres long. His name is Cameron Gregory Burns. This picture is the first picture taken of him.

Cameron is six and a half months old now. It goes by so fast. He weighs 19 pounds. He can sit up, and roll over and talks all the time. He is so happy. He is growing up way to fast for my liking though.
I go back to work in six weeks. The thought of leaving him every day just kills me but I know i have to do it. But spending this time at home with him has been the best time of my life, and I can't wait to do it all over again! (in a year or two...haha)
Thats my quick update for now. I'll try to be more diligent with my updates!

1 Comments:

At 2:53 PM , Blogger Tara said...

GIRL! Did you notice the date of your next post down? It was almost exactly a YEAR since your last post! I'm SO glad you updated and that little baby is SO DARN CUTE! Now that you've updated me, you need to do it more often...I need to see pictures of that little cutie and hear what you are up to. Where are you living? Are you working? How is your family? You know...write about all that stuff so I can know what's going on in your life!!! Love you!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home